Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Arena”) respects the privacy of job applicants and strives to keep your personal information secure and confidential. This Applicant Personal Information Privacy Notice (“Applicant Notice”) explains the categories of personal information we collect about you as a job applicant, why we collect it, and how we use and disclose it.
Processing Your Personal Information
- What personal information do we collect?
- Personal information that you provide when applying for a position through Arena’s Careers portal, such as first and last name, contact information (e.g., residential address, email address, phone number), confirmation of eligibility to work in the United States, and voluntary information regarding equal opportunity employment and self-identification of disabilities.
- Personal information regarding your work qualifications that you provide when completing a personal profile in our recruitment platform, including skills, experience, education, certifications, current and prior titles and employers, and other personal information contained in your employment application, resume or curriculum vitae.
- If you were to accept an offer from Arena, personal information obtained by Arena or a third party through authorized reference checks, background checks, and/or verification of personal information that you provided to Arena, if permitted under applicable law.
- Why do we collect your personal
- To fulfill our obligations as a prospective employer or to update records if you become an Arena employee.
- To make recruitment or employment decisions.
- For access control and company security.
- To prevent or detect fraudulent or other unlawful activities.
- To comply with a law, regulation or valid legal process and, in appropriate circumstances, to cooperate with law enforcement.
- To advance or defend Arena’s legal rights.
- Who else might receive your personal
- We may share your personal information with service providers that help Arena administer or improve the recruitment and hiring experience and processes. For example, we work with service providers that offer hosting services for our Careers portal. We also work with independent recruiters to help identify potential candidates for job openings. Your personal information would only be shared with our service providers on a need to-know basis. Such service providers are expected to process your personal information only to perform services for us based upon our contracts with them and for no other purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information to any institution, government, court, agency, or authority (including law enforcement agencies) as required by law or as necessary to protect our legal rights or the rights of others, to prevent harm, or in accordance with your instructions.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
We will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. In determining how long to retain your personal information, we are guided by this Applicant Notice, internal Arena record retention schedules, and applicable legal obligations.
We use commercially reasonable physical, procedural, and technical safeguards to deter unauthorized use, modification, disclosure, or destruction of, or access to, your personal information.
Whom to Contact
Please feel free to contact Arena’s Human Capital department at HCTeam@arenapharm.com if you have any questions regarding this Applicant Notice or about the use of your personal information.
Changes to This Applicant Notice
It may be necessary from time to time for us to modify this Applicant Notice, including to reflect changes in the way we collect and use personal information or changes in privacy-related laws, regulations, and industry standards. We will provide reasonable notice of material changes to the Applicant Notice on Arena’s Careers portal.
This Applicant Notice is effective as of January 1, 2020.